Are you eligible?

I have legally left school; and
I am ordinarily resident in Wales or my employer/work placement is located in Wales.
Are you of compulsory school age?
Are you attending school or college full-time as a pupil or student?
Are you in full-time higher education?
Are you an ineligible overseas national (see Glossary of Terms)?
Are you in custody or on remand in custody?
Are you in receipt of an Assembly Learning Grant or Education Maintenance Allowance?
Are you taking part in any other employment or enterprise programmes funded directly by the UK Government or the Welsh Ministers?
Are you supported by the UK Government’s Work Programme and have a contract of employment for LESS than 16 hours per week?
Are you taking part in any other UK Government or Welsh Ministers funded vocational learning programme?
Are you taking part in any other EU funded employment or enterprise programme or vocational learning programmes (or any other form of EU funded scheme) unless permitted under ESF funding regulations? Please refer to European Guidance Chapter 3 for further advice
I confirm that I am employed, have signed the Apprenticeship Agreement and am being paid the relevant National Minimum Wage.
Do you hold a degree AND is the degree you hold in the same occupational

European Social Fund (ESF) Eligibility Requirements

 Since 1 Jan 15 it is compulsory for all Apprentices to provide evidence in order to start a course. 

What do I need to provide?

Below is a list of evidence required – please provide as many as possible:

  • Correspondence from your employer, Employment contract or Latest Employment contract payslip (dated within last 3 months)
  • National Insurance Number – National Insurance Card or letter from HMRC.
  • Full Passport (National ID Cards may be used for non-EU countries)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Full or Provisional Driving Licence
  • Bank Statement
  • Highest Qualification - Certificates to confirm highest qualification achieved
  • Utility/ Council Tax bill with current address
  • Tenancy agreement for your current address
  • Mortgage statement
  • Correspondence from HMRC including P60, P11, Working/ Child Tax credit notification or a Tax Code notification letter

If you need any help with the above, please contact us